The Certificate in Doula Support for Obstetric and Neonatal Emergencies course is the first of its kind in Australia and has been developed specifically for Doulas who want to:
- Be more prepared, confident and calm in emergency situations
- Undergo specific training and role play of your role in emergency situations
- Be able to detect common warning signs during pregnancy, labour and post delivery
- Be acknowledged and respected by other birth professionals as a valued team member in emergency situations
- Better understand the ethical, legal and professional role of the doula in an obstetric emergency
How You Will Benefit From This Course
As a doula it is your role to provide emotional, physical, and educational support to women who are pregnant or in labour. Many doulas are also specialists in the postnatal period.
We are there primarily to help our mothers enjoy a safe, memorable, and empowering birthing experience.
There will be times in your career when the unexpected happens. Your actions in emergency situations, especially when you are the only birth professional present, are crucial and could make all the difference in those critical moments.
It is this knowledge base and our recommended skills that you will gain from completing this course.
As professional doulas and midwives with over 30 years experience we have developed this course to give you the practical training and specific knowledge you need to remain calm, confident and professional in any emergency situation.
Why You Need This Course
In any profession it is important to continue your education. Assistance in childbirth as a doula is no different. Knowing what actions to take in an emergency is critical. You will learn advanced skills and training to be the best in your field. Women, families and maternity staff everywhere will respect your knowledge and assistance in emergency scenarios. Your business will grow rapidly by reputation.
3 Main Reasons You Need This Course:
- To ensure the mother's wishes, dignity and wellbeing are respected during an emergency.
- To be able to understand, communicate and assist other birth professionals during an emergency. Doulas who undertake our course are highly respected and sought after by other birth professionals.
- To ensure you remain calm, confident and do not become traumatised due to an obstetric emergency.
A Supportive Community For Professional Doulas
As well as learning advanced techniques and training, you are being given the necessary tools to implement what you learn in pressure situations. You can also benefit by becoming a member of our supportive, professional doula community.
At the end of each module in this course there is a comments section where we discuss lessons and you can ask questions. Your peers, Jacki and Jennifer provide feedback, shared stories and helpful insights to help to build on what you have just learned.
Our active facebook group is also a great place to support each other and discuss topics around all aspects of being a doula. These topics include professional and business development, empowering women during pregnancy and childbirth and general tips to help each other. We often discuss the latest evidence based research around birth.
Course Modules (What You’ll Learn)
Throughout the course you’ll be using your workbook to complete each module. After watching/reading/listening to each lecture and completing the extra curricular activities, you’ll then complete the section of the workbook that relates to that module.
Each Module Contains:
- Module introduction and objectives.
- Video lectures.
- Mp3 recordings of video lectures to listen whilst on the go.
- Comments section to discuss the lessons and topics with teachers and peers.
- A section in your 28 Page Workbook to complete, and which you will be assessed upon.
- Recommended Extra Curricular studies to advance your knowledge and skill
- Role play scenarios of many different types of emergencies and how you should respond.
- Link to other resources such as sound recordings of normal lung and heart function in newborns to gain practical knowledge you need when in a real life setting.
- Lifetime Access: We are constantly updating this course to stay up to date with the latest research based evidence, techniques and industry changes. Your membership gives you Lifetime Access for this low, one-time membership fee.
of this course see our objectives.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
The feedback from Doulas, midwives and other birth professionals about this course has been incredible so far, and we are so confident that you’ll love and appreciate the training that we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee.
If you are not completely satisfied with the training at anytime during the first 30 days, simply contact and tell us why you want a refund and we’ll refund your money immediately.
You have NOTHING TO RISK by choosing this advanced doula training. See for yourself why EVERY doula should complete this course.
JOIN NOW - RISK FREE FOR 30 DAYS
(See checkout options below)
Unlike other courses about maternal & neonatal emergencies, this course is designed with the needs of the doula in mind. Learn what you need to know to safely and professionally serve women and families in your care.
"We look forward to meeting with you and sharing this valuable and life-changing information. If you have any questions at all please email us directly at [email protected]
Regards Jacki and Jennifer
Jacki is a highly qualified, experienced and respected birth professional with a passion for natural births. She has almost 20 years experience as a midwife in a variety of settings including hospitals and home births. She now operates her own successful doula business, www.lovecherub.com.
- Mother of 2 adult children.
- Studied Arts and Psychology in the UK at Open University and Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Studied Midwifery at EIHMS, University of Surrey, Guildford UK.
- Worked as a midwife at East Surrey Hospital, Guildford Hospital, Mona Vale Hospital and Manly Hospital.
- Trained in waterbirth Crowborough Birth Centre East Sussex UK.
- Trained in reflexology for midwives.
- Trained HypnoBirthing Practitioner Marie Mongan’s Method.
- Team Leader Midwife at Manly Hospital.
- On the Steering Committee for the NSW state directive ‘Towards Normal Birth’ while at Manly.
- Worked with Independent Midwife Sheryl Sidery as a second midwife for home births in Sydney.
- Successful full time doula and business owner for over 3 years attending between 40 to 50 births per year.
- Co-Director and Founder of We Birth: Advanced Education and Training for Doulas and Birth Workers.
Jennifer Hazi is a mother of 5, an experienced Midwife, Doula and Childbirth educator with over a decade of experience in birthing. She is passionate about working with women and their families as they transition into parenthood and has a keen interest in women’s experiences of pregnancy and mothering.
Jen started her journey into working with childbearing women and their families as a doula and facilitator of women's antenatal space.
Her passion for learning and excitement about working with women in this environment lead her to complete a Bachelor of Midwifery at the University of Technology, Sydney enabling her to care clinically for women and their babies.
- Registered Midwife working in a large tertiary referral hospital.
- Qualified Doula with over 10 years experience.
- Qualified Childbirth Educator working with families in the Eastern Suburbs Sydney and online. www.jenniferhazi.com
- Postgraduate studies in reproductive and sexual health.
- Studied reflexology for childbirth
- Certified in neuroprotective infant settling.
- Certified in group facilitation and education skills.
- Co-Director of We Birth: Advanced training for Doulas and Birth Workers.